Export Marketing Fund for Small & Medium Enterprises (SME-EMF) launched in 2001 to help Hong Kong SMEs to promote export. This includes exhibition, business mission, publication advertisement, online promotion, building or upgrading websites and online shops etc. The grant for each application is 50% of the project cost (maximum HK$ 100,000) and the cumulative grant for a company is HK$ 1,000,000.
SME-EMF Funding highlight
- Sponsor ratio is 50% (Maximum for each application is HK$ 100,000)
- Cumulative grant for a company is HK$ 1,000,000
- Implement first, application follows. (Reimbursement)
- Initial payment is 75% of the grant
- Only for Hong Kong SMEs (<100 employees manufacturer OR <50 employees service provider)
- Only for markets outside Hong Kong (Include mainland China and the World)
- For exhibition, advertisement, online shop and website etc
What promotional items does the EMF sponsor?
In general, the SME Export Marketing Fund sponsoring promotional items include:
- Corporate website (required to display the company name, contact and products)
- Online shop and promotional mobile apps
- Exhibition (rental, cross-border traffic and expenditure) outside Hong Kong
- Exhibition in Hong Kong and targets on markets outside Hong Kong
- Traditional and online advertisement or upload fee for markets outside Hong Kong
How to apply for the EMF?
There are TWO types of EMF: “Reimbursement” (No initial payment) and “Initial Payment cum Final Payment”. As the EMF scheme pre-approves all the items, applicants should confirm if activities are supported. For detail, please refer to: Export Marketing Fund Application: A Complete Guide 2020
Reference: EMF Official site
- BUD Fund geographical limitationThe Budget will be released next month, and the Chinese Manufacturers’ Association (CMA) gave a number of suggestions. One proposed item is to release, as the EMF, the geographical limitation of the BUD Fund. The Fund should support all markets outside Hong Kong (no more Mainland Programme and FTA and IPPA Programme), the CMA suggested. … Read more
- Govt Funding 2023BizMagnet wish you a Happy New Year and good health. In the new year time, our consultant would like to share viewpoints about current situation, and the consequence to government funding. The Chinese Government’s termination of the “zero COVID policy” is the very first black swan of 2023. Almost nobody anticipated the sudden change before … Read more
- Policy Address: BUD EMF upgradeToday (19/10/2022), the Chief Executive gave his first policy address and announced the upgrade of the BUD Fund and the EMF for SMEs: The limit of the BUD Fund increases from HK$ 6 million to HK$ 7 million. The limit of the EMF increases from HK$ 800,000 to HK$ 1 million. The special facility extends … Read more