Financial secretary Paul Chan announced the first financial budget after normalcy. As the deficit is serious, many measures have been cut or cancelled. We have the summary here:
- Reduce 100% of profit tax for the year of assessment 2022/2023 (Maximum: HKD 6,000)
- Reduce non-residential rate for the first 2 quarters of the year of assessment 2023/2024 (HKD 1,000 per quarter per flat)
- Reduce 75% of non-residential water and sewage tariff (HKD 20,000 and HKD 12,500 per month per flat respectively, effective until Nov, 2022)
- Reduce 50% of rent and relevant fee for government premise tenants (Effective from July 2023 to Dec 2023)
- Extend the application deadline of “SME Financing Guarantee Scheme” to March, 2024. Include “Special 100% Loan Guarantee”
- Provide 100% loan guarantee to qualified passenger transport operators and licensed travel agencies.
- Inject $500 million to the BUD Fund expedite the processing of applications